2 Low Carb Bread Recipes You Will Love
Bread does not necessarily have to be from cereal flours. In fact, we can prepare it from other flours, such as almonds, as we propose.
We usually associate the word “bread” with carbohydrates. Therefore, we ask ourselves, is a low-carb bread possible? The answer is yes. In fact, it is possible to find it in many food stores and supermarkets.
Here is a recipe for homemade low-carbohydrate bread. Take note, because in addition to delicious, it is quite easy to do.
Bread and carbohydrates
The main ingredient of bread, as is known, is flour. For its part, flour is the result of grinding cereals , usually wheat, although it is also common to use barley or rye. There are also flours of animal origin (bones, fish, etc.). In any case, the common denominator is starch, a complex carbohydrate.
For its part, cereals are rich in carbohydrates and, although much is said about them, they are an essential macronutrient. In fact, they fulfill an energetic function, and they are part of the tissues of the body.
For this reason, it is recommended that the daily carbohydrate intake suppose 50 or 55% of the necessary macronutrients each day.
However, in many occasions we exceed this percentage because many are the foods that we eat that have a high carbohydrate index. The consequence is that excess carbohydrates are stored and accumulated as fat in the body.
In this sense, limiting the intake of carbohydrates is something normal in weight loss diets. In addition, many people eat them in a moderate way so as not to overdo it and be able to maintain a balanced diet.
For all this, the bread becomes a food to avoid for many because, coming from cereal flour, usually have a high content of carbohydrates that we ingest almost without realizing it.
We recommend you read: A simple hack can reduce the damage of carbohydrates
Low carb bread
Be that as it may, there are alternatives to bread from cereals and, in addition, tasty and nutritious. Indeed, bread can be prepared from other foods than traditional flour. Such is the case of keto breads, which are fashionable and are used, above all, by people who follow the ketogenic diet .
In any case, to get a bread low in carbohydrates, we propose some recipes in which the flour you will use is almonds . In this way, you will not only get a bread with less carbohydrates, but also more protein.
The first of the recipes is really easy and fast. The cooking time is only a few minutes in the microwave! The second, meanwhile, has a cooking time in the oven, which may give your bread more flavor and texture. In any case, enjoy!
Low carbohydrate bread recipe
- 2 eggs (180 g).
- 1 spoonful of yeast (10 g).
- Various seeds (chia, sunflower, etc.).
- 6 tablespoons of almond flour (60 g).
- First, beat the egg well.
- Then, in the same bowl, add the almond flour, the yeast and the seeds .
- Then, divide the dough into several microwave-safe containers. There should be a thin layer in each of them.
- Then simply put the container in the microwave for about 2 minutes (or check according to the power of your microwave) and that’s it!
- A good idea is to toast it later in the toaster. It will be much more tasty.
Another recipe for low carb bread
- Salt to taste).
- 3 egg whites (90 g).
- 2 tablespoons of yeast (20 g).
- 1 glass of hot water (250 ml).
- 1 cup and half raw almonds (150 g).
- 40 grams of psyllium husk (40 g).
- First of all, if you have not bought the almonds already crushed, crush them well. You must have a fine powder.
- Then you can start preheating the oven at 170ºC, both above and below.
- Then, mix almonds, psyllium, yeast and salt in a bowl. Mix everything very well.
- Then, add the vinegar and the whites of the eggs little by little and keep mixing.
- Subsequently, add the hot water little by little.
- When you have kneaded well, cut the dough into small pieces (about six). Keep in mind that the dough will rise, so do not make them too thick.
- Finally, put in the oven, in the bottom, and bake for about 50 minutes. At this point, to add even more flavor, you can sprinkle some seeds on top.
- Your low carb bread is ready.
We assure you that this low carbohydrate bread is delicious, and also combines with almost everything. Do not hesitate to add marmalade, butter or olive oil, it’s delicious!